Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hey, Wrimos:

Are you running out of ideas?  Can't decide what you should write about next?  Here's what I'm doing.  Tonight I'm thinking about WHERE.

Where does each chapter of my story take place?  Here's the list of locations in my book in the order in which they appear:

On the marble steps of the Berkshire School for Girls in New York City.  (fictitious)
In an upscale condo in NYC.
35,000 feet above the earth in an airplane.
On the curb outside the airport in Minnesota.
On the freeway.
On a bumpy country road.
At a ranch house on Big Lake, Minnesota (fictitious).
On a bike riding through a country town.
At the town's library.
At the town's diner.
On the lake.
At a park.
At a cemetary.
At a friend's house.
At the ranch house on the lake.
At the airport.
At the ranch house on the lake.

Ok.  So that answers the question WHERE.  Now, I'm going to make a list of words (nouns and adjectives) that help me visualize these locations. Next, I will make a list of words that explain how my character feels while at those locations.

I will use these lists to spark a scene, some action or a conversation.

Keep writing!

Mrs. P.

No comments:

Post a Comment