Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hey, Wrimos!

I've been cleaning house today (not my fave activity) and thinking about my NaNoWriMo book.  Sometimes I like to imagine my protagonist as if she's really real (for lack of better words).  What would she be doing right now?  If I could observe her, as if watching a movie, what would she be doing?  Thinking?  What are her concerns? 

So, while I'm vacuuming bird up bird seeds from the carpet (cockatiels are sooooooooo messy!), I'm thinking about Kate MacDermond, aka my protagonist.  Then, when the bird is tucked in her cage for the night, I'll write about Kate.

And eat dark chocolate, of course, because there is no point in consuming empty calories unless it's dark chocolate (with almonds!).

Mrs. P.

BTW - I love this pep talk from author John Green.  Take a moment to follow this link. 
http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node/846327

No comments:

Post a Comment