Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday, November 22, 2010

460,000 words today, Wrimos!  Eight days to go.  Let's keep the pace and don't give up!


The following snippet is an excerpt from an insightful, delightful article written by Elisabeth Eaves, Deputy Editor, Forbes, June 5, 2009.  I cannot find her email to request permission to post these words, but I am providing the source URL to her article below to attribute the words as belonging to her.  Thanks, Ms. Eaves!


http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/04/books-publishing-social-media-opinions-columnists-kindle-twitter.html


In her article titled "Why Write Books", Eaves wrote:  "Ultimately the only good reason to write books remains what it probably always was: The compulsion to try to entertain, persuade or make meaning is irresistible, and the process absorbs you like nothing else. If it doesn't, there's no reason to bother."


And that, my Wrimos, is why I write books.  I can't breathe if I'm not writing.  It's a part of my psyche.  Published or not.  Famous or not.  It matters not.  It's all about the expression of the soul and the power to create something beautiful from nothing.  


Keep writing.  And ask yourself what motivates you to write.  And then always remember this fact while you're doing it.


Mrs. P.




No comments:

Post a Comment