Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I am sooooooooooo proud of our club members!  It's only Day 7 and some of you have already written 17,000 words!  WOW!  You'll be finished much sooner than the 30th which means you can either keep on increasing your word count or go back and start editing.  Congratulations and keep up the good work!


For those of you who are below your daily word count, don't give up!  Keep writing.  Some of the people who have achieved high word counts participated in NaNoWriMo in the past so they knew what was expected of them before they started.  That's where pre-planning comes in.  The most important thing to remember is that you chose to participate because you love to write.  The contest is just a means to an end - to get you to write the book you've always considered writing.  So, even though we talk about word count, it's more important to focus on the fun you're having.  Keep pushing toward the goal, don't get discouraged and be sure to join as at the TGIO party on Wednesday, December 1st!


(Thank Goodness It's Over)


Now, for those of you who feel like they need a little break or some inspiration, I suggest you open up Power Point and start creating character collages.  What's that, you ask?  Copy and paste clip art images or website links to photos that help you describe your characters or settings.  For instance, my character attends a college-prep high school in New York.  I visited the website of a school I think is similar to the one my character attends.  I analyzed the uniforms and building structure to give me inspiration.  One of my characters was involved in the Persian Gulf War, so I visited websites that included photos of soldiers in battle.  It is important to be as realistic as possible, especially if you are writing about historical events.  Be sure to attribute the sites in your book.


Happy writing!


Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment