Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

In just one week, collectively our Novel Writing Club has written 170,000 words!  That's just ONE WEEK!  And the number does not include everyone - some writers have not uploaded any words yet, and one writer in particular is hand-writing her book until the end!  Do you think the NaNoWriMo chart will accommodate our high word count (with three weeks yet to come?!)   I am so proud of all of you!

http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node/774777/classroom/progress

Here's what I see each day at school...

I unlock my classroom door at 7:30a and students come inside, grab a laptop and start writing.  Writers come into my classroom for both lunches - headphones on, music playing in their ears, stories unfolding in their minds, and sandwiches being eaten between keystrokes.  THEN, after school students are again sitting at their tables, type-type-typing away!  I couldn't be more proud of you!

So, Week Two has begun!  Keep up the good work, persevere, and DON'T GIVE UP!

Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment