Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday, November 13, 2010

***Academy Writing Club Update***

Our club reached the 270,000 word count with two writers hitting 27,000 words tonight!  I'm so proud of all of you! 

As for me, I finally finished my grading and progress reports, so I'm going to brew some tea, launch Pandora.com and listen to Rachmaninov.  Let's see if I can crank out 1,000 words before I fall asleep on my laptop!

BTW - you must be sure to do your schoolwork!  I know some of you have been pushing your homework to the back burner during NaNoWriMo.  Well, that's a NaNoNoNo!  School MUST come first, writers!

************************************************************************************************
Hey, Wrimos!

Sorry I haven't posted lately.  It's progress report time, as you know, and I've a ton of grading to do!  (-:

Keep writing! 

Think setting.  Where does your story take place?  Make a list of every descriptive word (nouns and adjectives) you can think of that explains and describes your setting.  

Think motive.  What does your character want and why?  What's preventing him/her from getting it?

Here's a dare...

I dare you to summarize your story in 500 words or less.  Next, I double-dare you to write it in 200 words or less!  If you can summarize and boil your story down to 150 words or less, you'll be able to include it on the back cover of your book.  Remember to answer who, what, when, where, why and how.  Can't get started on this dare?  Then pretend you're at a party and someone you just met says "I heard you're writing a novel.  What's it about?"  Can you simplify your story to keep this person interested?

Back to my gradebook.  TTFN

Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment