Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Day 3

It's Day Three of NaNoWriMo and the cumulative word count for our club is 61,497!  Woohoo!  We are moving right along!  Last year, our club wrote 800,000 words.  Can we beat our 2010 record?  I hope so!

I'm totally psyched about my NaNo book.  It's progressing in ways I expected and in ways I did not.  I don't want to say much here - you know - spoiler alert - but suffice to say I'm quite pleased.

This is my third NaNoWriMo book and my fourth book overall.  I must say that the novel-writing process does get easier.  The pre-planning helps immensely.  I'm undertaking a new challenge this year.  Writing a novel in first person.  OMG!  So foreign and a bit painful.  I've always written in third person, but last year I wrote a short story in first person (Nobody) and won honorable mention for it in the district writing contest, so I thought I'd try my hand at using first-person this year.  It feels like I'm learning to drive a stick shift all over again.  Kinda' bumpy and jerky, but once I get into the groove, the ride is smooth.

TTFN.  Keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment