Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Day 14

Yes, I skipped posting yesterday (Day 13) but I exempted myself since I had to post your progress report grades.  XP

Okay, so here's my thought for the day...BACK UP YOUR DATA!  Shall I say it again?  BACK UP YOUR DATA, YOU SILLY WRITERS!

There.  I said it.  I yelled it.  I shook my fists.  I implored you on my knees.  I sent smoke messages toward a cloudless sky.  I tapped out Morse code.  I wrote with logs on a deserted island.  I rigged my neighbor's outside Christmas lights to spell B-A-C-K-U-P.

Get the picture?

Soooooooooooo - don't blame me if you lose your entire novel that you've sweat and cried over because you forgot to back it up. 

1.  Send an email to yourself and attach the file.
2.  Save the file to an external USB hard drive.
3.  Save the file to a USB thumb drive.
4.  Use Google Docs and save it there.
5.  Burn it to a CD.

Whatever you do - back it up, you silly writers!  Now, leave me alone.  I need to find my inner tranquility so I can pound out 3,000 words by tomorrow.  XP

No comments:

Post a Comment