Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Week 4, Day 25

I'm starting to get excited about November 30th.  It's almost here!  I am staring at the need to write 9,000 more words and I'm curious what words will fill that quota.  I have no idea.  I've written pretty much everything I intended to write.  Are you in that same position?  If so, here's what I'm going to do. 

Detail.  Detail.  Detail.

I'm going to draw a sketch on paper of my main character's house and neighborhood.  I'm going to label it like a map and then write about each aspect of it, such as the front yard, driveway, street lamps and grassy park.  I want to be sure that my readers can envision the setting in which I've placed my action.  And it will enable me to write another 2,000 words tonight.

So, it's time to launch MS Word and get busy.

Keep writing.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment