Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Almost Here!!!!!!!!!

On the Eve of NaNoWriMo, I like to take a step back from writing.  Instead I read a book by an author I admire, preferably one that is written for the same audience for whom I intend to write my book, and one that is written with the same POV (point of view, i.e. first person or third person). 

Tonight my book of choice is "Someone Like You" by Sarah Dessen.  I've read this book before so I am not interested in content.  I'm analyzing the way she begins and ends each chapter.  She is quite proficient at writing scenes - mini, chapter-sized increments that follow the storyline map (exposition, catalyst, rising action, climax and denouement).  As I read this book, I am chomping at the bit to get started on my own. 

Hey - it will be NaNoWriMo on the East Coast in six minutes!    Are you staying up until midnight tonight to get started or are you getting up early tomorrow?  Either way, don't let the first day of NaNoWriMo pass by without typing at least your daily word-count, whatever that may be.

Don't forget the NaNoWriMo kick-off tomorrow in my classroom.  Pizza, soda, and cookies - like you need more sugar after Halloween!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment