Sunday, October 23, 2011

We Are Writers

So - you've decided to take the plunge and write a novel!  Congratulations!  For me, this creative endeavor has become an annual highlight of the school year.  I love to write, but beyond that, I love the camaraderie we share as we sit side by side, typing furiously on our laptops, creating unique, secretive worlds of conflict, strategy and emotion.  This common experience bonds us together for one delicious, creative slice of time - the month of November - when we live and breathe our stories, determining the fates of our characters, revelling in the pure joy and untethered fervor of writing.  I don't see myself as your teacher during this month.  You are not students.  There is no age difference, no roles to play, no rules to follow.  We are writers. 

It's a time to indulge your creative selves.  Are you getting ready to take the plunge together?

Nine days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment