Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Why do people read books? Perhaps to distract them from their own worlds. Perhaps to provide them with an escape from their reality into another, one more interesting or totally unlike their own.

So, then, why do we write books? To be "published" writers? Nah. You don't need to be published to be a writer. It's nice to get paid, though. To express ourselves? Sure. Writers can be moody, self-absorbed, introspective and emotional. It's helpful to get it all out on paper. Feel better? Good.

But for me, the reason I write, is to escape from my reality. Not that being a teacher and a mom are bad things. But it's nice to enter my writing zone and travel to places I create. I control. I direct and dictate. It's quite a power high to determine the fates of my characters and to live vicariously through them. It's actually addictive. I crave it. More than dark chocolate. And that's a HUGE deal for me.

Being a writer is a love-hate relationship for me. I love to write. I hate it when I'm not writing. Time passes when I write. My fictitous world becomes my real world and I love living in this alter universe. Kinda like being in my own Avatar...

Anyway, this post is meant to be a warm-up so I can get back to editing my book which, BTW, I'm polishing and am pleased as punch with the results thus far, if I do say so myself.

TTFN

K~

No comments:

Post a Comment