Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

I received the proof of my book today.  It looks very good and I'm pleased with it overall.  I am going to make some edits, however, on a few areas, such as the margins.  I don't like the thickness of the inner margin.  I also don't like the font I chose for Lauren's journal.  It didn't print dark enough.  I may either bold the font or select a different one.  I also noticed a few word omissions and a punctuation error.  It's amazing how many times I proofed the book yet I still find typos.  I think my brain filled in the blanks in the text, but now that I have a clear eye, I can see that I need to repair the proof before I upload the final version and send it to print.

This experience has been amazing and insightful.  I've learned a lot about self-publishing a book.  But there's so much more I need to learn...

K~

No comments:

Post a Comment