Friday, October 30, 2009

Welcome, Everyone!

Welcome, everyone, to my novel writer's blog!  If you are my student, you know I have joined thousands of writers worldwide who are participating in the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  The goal - to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days or less!  There will be many winners in this contest, as each person is competing (writing!) against himself/herself, not against each other.  CreateSpace.com has offered to provide each winner with a complimentary printed book of his/her work.  Several of my students have expressed interest in this contest, so I am hopeful they will blog with me as we support each other through this exciting, yet rather crazy, venture!  A novel in 30 days!  Can it be done?  Yes!  Can I do it?  Well, that remains to be seen.  I wrote a book last January titled "Butterfly".  After nine weeks, it was finished at 74,000 words, so I think I can handle 50,000 in thirty days.  I'm pumped up and ready to rumble...

I will update this blog each day to keep you informed of my novel-writing progress.  The contest begins November 1st.  I'm excited to begin writing and wish I could start this very moment, but rules are rules.  It is important to me to finish this manuscript according to the rules.  Where's the joy in winning if you don't play by the rules?

Anyway, I'll blog again tomorrow and will explain the theme of my story.  The working title is "A Place for Pamela".

TTFN

Mrs. P (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment