Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 3, 2013

Countdown to NaNoWriMo 2013!!!

Welcome, students, to our Novel Writing Club!  We are preparing for the upcoming NaNoWriMo.  Here are the writing prompts from our first meeting on October 1st.  Write them in your notebook and begin brainstorming your NaNo Novel!

Prompt #1

What do I want to say? (Example:  What is my story about in five – 10 words)
Example:  My story is about a girl who learns to forgive her grandfather before he dies.


Prompt #1

What do I want to say? (Example:  What is my story about in five – 10 words)
Example:  My story is about a girl who learns to forgive her grandfather before he dies.


Prompt #2

Who is my main character?  (Protagonist)
What does he/she want?
Example:  My character’s name is Alyssa.  She is 13 years old.  She is unhappy living with her grandfather and wants to leave.



Prompt #3

What is antagonizing my character?  (Antagonist)
Example:  Alyssa is unhappy because her father is in jail and her mother died, leaving her to live with her grandfather, whom she does not like.


Prompt #4

Who is your main character’s confidante (friend)?
Example:  Alyssa keeps to herself and talks to no one – except her dog Ralphie.   




Prompt #5

Where does the story take place?  (Location, time, season)
Example:  This story takes place in the 1970s during the Vietnam War.  It is Spring (March) in Massachusetts.



Prompt #6
How do you think your story might end?
Example: Alyssa’s grandfather falls and breaks his leg, and as she takes care of him, she realizes has been blaming him for her parents’ mistakes.  She learns to forgive them, and him.


No comments:

Post a Comment