Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day!

Hello, Wrimos!

I'm totally remiss in blogging during this year's NaNoWriMo.  Suffice to say this school year has been the busiest ever for me.  I teach seven classes daily, which leaves little time to blog, nevermind write!  However, no excuses - I've found a way to write 10,000 words so far, so I'm still involved and still your fearless club sponsor!

Reminder:  Don't forget to wear your club t-shirts tomorrow (Tuesday).
Meeting:  3:45p - 5:00p, Rm. 7.
Update:  Make sure you add your word count to our class profile on the ywp.nanowrimo.org website.
Assignment:  Read this blog by Amy Fellner Dominy about the NaNoWriMo process.
Weekly Journal


And now, here's a snippet of my NaNoNovel...



Call me right away, Carlie. Important!!!

I knew it. My mother cancelled. Again. I read the text message for the fifth time, then silenced my cellphone, and stuck it in the pocket of my uniform blazer. So much for promises to keep promises.

I watched the crowd of girls in plaid skirts and navy blazers gather for pictures on the front steps of my school - Brenham Preparatory Academy for Girls. They stood beside their parents, holding bouquets of spring flowers with pink ribbons, posing for pictures, smiling. And I stood across from them on the sidewalk, trying to suppress the familiar ache that rose from the pit of my stomach and stuck to the back of my throat like paste.


No comments:

Post a Comment