Monday, February 8, 2010

February 9, 2010 - Novel Contest

Hello, Everyone:

I'm pretty psyched about entering BUTTERFLY into the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest.  I entered the manuscript in the YA (young adult) category.  The winner will be selected in June and will receive a $15,000 contract with Penguin Books.

Now, for the reality part - there were 5,000 entries in the General Fiction category.  I don't know how many people entered in the YA category.  I feel like I've got a good chance, but you never know what the judges are looking for, and I'm sure there are many excellent writers out there.  Let's wait and see!

I must state, however, that even when this book is published (notice I said when, not if!), it is NOT SUITABLE FOR MIDDLE GRADE AND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL READERS.  The topics are important and appropriate for high school readers, but NOT younger students, so don't even ask to read it students (and you know who you are!)  Wait until you are older.  :P

My NaNoWriMo book, "A Place for Pamela" is written with you in mind.  Wait until May.  It's on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment